Monday, November 14, 2016

More Merging of Code: (Week 10 Reflection)

This week, I've continued my exploration of the Photon, as I prepare to implement my Capstone project next trimester.  I am happy to report that I have a working prototype that merges all of the functions that I've been working on and writing about in prior posts.  I'm not finished by any stretch of the imagination, but I have proven to myself that the concept in my mind can work!


Merging all of the functions into one program took considerable time, experimentation, and trouble-shooting. After several failures, and many hours of work, I took a paper copy of my code to a cafe and attempted to debug it.  Surprisingly, this worked, even though I wasn't sitting anywhere near a computer.  Not being near the computer helped me to be more clear about what I was trying to do and helped me hone in on potential problem areas.

Debugging in a Cafe

My next step is to work on finding a smaller servo that will work with my Photon.




No comments:

Post a Comment