Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Photon Functions (Week 7 Reflection)

This was "Open Project Week," where we were invited to work on a project of our choice, as long as it relates to the course syllabus.  I continued my exploration of the Photon, which is something that I started prior to this class.  Continuing my independent inquiry supports this course's learning objective of setting "personal and professional goals for increasing [my] coding confidence."

Since last week, when I got a servo up and running on my Photon, I've had a couple of major breakthroughs.  In particular, I've figured out how to trigger a web request via a QR code.  What that means is that I can now use a QR code to trigger a specific function in my code to "control physical objects," which is another learning objective of this course.  In this case, I can control a servo and a buzzer.  I'm continuing to build upon my understanding of Particle functions.

I've embedded a couple of videos here, but if you are interested in learning more, please visit my personal blog (linked below).

QR Code Trigger a Servo

QR Code Triggers Music


Here are links to my annotated and tweaked code:

Here is my annotated/ tweaked code for the music.
Here is my annotated code for the servo.

You can find a link to the resources I've been curating here.

No comments:

Post a Comment